Thu Dec 27 @ 7:00PM -
Mayor and Council Meeting
December 2018
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 1 2 3 4 5

Opra Button

Login Form

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Where do I find the current Council Meeting minutes, Bid Notices, Bid Results, Resolutions, Ordinances, Audits, etc. ?

For current documents please select the Municipal Code and Public Document  items under Quick Links. 

How do I dispose of old furniture?

You can put the old furniture out curbside your second garbage day of the week.


Where do I take my recyclables if I miss the scheduled pick up day?

You can take your recyclables to the recycling center located at 510 Belmont Ave. Haledon NJ. Check the recycling schedule on the website for the time schedule of the recycling center.


Does the Borough pick up computers?

No. You can contact the Passaic County Household Hazardous Waste Collection at 973-305-5738 for any questions regarding disposal of Hazardous waste.


When do the Mayor and Council have their monthly meetings?

The second Thursday of each month is the work session and the fourth Thursday is the regular meeting.


How can I obtain a copy of a vital record (marriage license, birth certificate ect.)

You must speak to the Registrar Debbie Gutches at 973-595-7766 ext.107.


Does the Borough pick up construction/building materials?

The Borough does not provide this service. You must call a private hauler to pick up any construction/building material.


Does the Borough provide for transportation of the Haledon students to Passaic County Technical Institute?

Any information pertaining to transportation to Passaic County Technical Institute must be addressed by the Board of Education. Please call Manchester Regional High School at 973-956-2560.


How do I obtain a certificate of occupancy?

You can speak to the Building Department (by dialing ext. 132) for instructions on how to obtain a certificate of occupancy or come to the Municipal Building Complex to the Building Department.


Where do I register to vote? And which polling site should I go to?

Please contact the Municipal Clerk’s office at 973-595-7766 ext. 103 or 104 for any Election questions you may have.


How and where do I license my dog or cat?

Pet licensing occurs in the month of January of the licensing year (if you do not come in January a $10.00 late fee will apply unless it is a new pet). You must go to the Municipal Clerk's Office with proof of the rabies vaccination.  The rabies vaccine must be valid untill October of that licensing year. The fee is $8.00 but if the pet is not neutered or spayed an additional $3.00 will apply.